TILSPEC team was successful in grant application and will be supported by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic. The project title:
Assessment of the impact of land cover changes on local hydrology and climate in the Krkonoše Mts. National Park using remote sensing and hydrological modelling
Main project goals:
- Analyze long-term development of land cover (since the 1980s) with emphasis on changes in forest and on the current state of forest health in the upper Úpa and Horní Čistá river basins using various types of remote sensing (RS) data.
- Analyze long-term time series of hydrological and hydrometeorological data and describe the development of climate and hydrology of the monitored area since the 1940s.
- Using hydrological modeling and inputs generated under objectives 1 and 2 to simulate the long-term impact of land cover changes (LCC) on the local climate and hydrology.
- Design a methodology for monitoring the impact of LCC on local hydrology using RS and hydrological modeling.
- Design an Application for automated RS data processing and evaluation of hydrological conditions.
Our project partners:
CzechGlobe – Global Change Research Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences
INSTITUTE OF HYDRODYNAMICS The Czech Academy of Sciences